Wednesday, April 12, 2006

 
Posting Again
It has been a week since my knee surgery and I hoped to be further along. Knee is doing fine but muscles in calf are terrible. Using heat, cold, massage, rest, physical therapy, and lots of drugs. Finally I have thought of a therapy that may actually help. I arranged my laptop computer into a position where I can actually type. I just know blogging will be the best treatment. No guarentee how often I'll post but here goes.

I have an idea for my writing blog. I'm going to write a bit on a memory of mine; probably it will usually be the 1940's or 1950's, but who knows.
I have never written fiction but have been trying to write some stories about what I remember. I call these life stories. I often jot down things on sticky notes, hoping maybe they will expand into a story someday. And sometimes they do.

I got to thinking about this and wanted to make sure that you understand that I fully recognige and pay homage to many things I didn't have in my past. Maybe I'll sometimes include a bit on them too.

Do You Remember When....
we put decals from all our vacation stops on our suitcases. My parents were both teachers and we often traveled during the summers. Whether it was Yellowstone National Park or The Lincoln Memorial, I would carefully consider my purchase at each place, peel off the back and attach the decal next to the last one on my suitcase. I had that suitcase for a long time. Although I don't regret not having the smelly old thing now, I sure wish I had a picture of it.


Is't It Great That Today We Have...
stretchable fabric bandaids. Today the large ones on my elbows are protecting my floor-burned skin I got from moving around in the hospital's sandpaper sheets. I'm afraid that rough hospital sheets have not change during my life.


Comments:
good luck with rehabing those calf muscles...it just takes as long as it takes!
 
My beloved has had 3 knee ops. He does ok most of the time. We are trying for the patches to use on our suitcases. We will be able to remove them when we get new ones. I love the stretchie band aids oh & those "water proof" ones too. I'll be watching.
 
I hope you're feeling better Katie.

Darilyn
 
Thanks for stopping in to visit me Katie and I hope you come back again. I think by now that your knee surgery is healed up or at least I hope that it is.

I collect pins from the different places that I've been to and I have thought about posting a picture of my various pins which I have pinned on a vest of mine.

Sandy
 
Hi Katie, thanks for stopping by to visit me. I hope you are recovering and will be feeling better soon. Come back to visit soon! blessings, Kathleen
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?